Sweet and Spicy Nuts

“The first time I made this I had a small tub of raw nuts in my cabinet and didn’t know what to do with them. My mom gave me the recipe, and after I made it I couldn’t stop eating them. I am not a nut person, but I am totally addicted to these coated nuts. They’re perfect for parties and festive occasions!”


Ingredients:


  • 2 cups

    mixed nuts

  • 1 1/2 tablespoons

    white sugar

  • 2 tablespoons

    brown sugar

  • 1 teaspoon

    salt

  • 1/2 teaspoon

    ground black pepper

  • 1/4 teaspoon

    ground cumin

  • 1 teaspoon

    curry powder

  • 1 pinch

    ground cloves

  • 1 teaspoon

    ground cinnamon

Directions:


  • Preheat oven to 300 degrees F ( 150 degrees C).

  • Place the nuts on a large baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes , being careful not to burn them . Remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes.

  • In a small bowl, combine the white sugar , brown sugar, salt , pepper , cumin , curry powder , cloves and cinnamon.

  • In a large saucepan over medium heat , place the nuts and about 1/2 of the sugar mixture . When the mixture begins to melt , mix in the remaining mixture . Shake the pan until all nuts are coated , about 5 minutes. With a spoon nuts to separate stick together. Remove from heat and let cool on a lightly greased baking sheet or parchment paper. Disconnect to prevent the nuts from sticking together .


Sweet and Spicy Nuts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PROTEIN IN VEGET ARIAN DIETS