“I grew up in Nova Scotia where seafood was cheap. My Mom and grandmothers had some pretty inventive ways of making lobster ‘not-boring!’ Now, lobster is a treat and costs a fortune. I’ve paid over ten dollars for one of these lobster rolls in Cape Cod and it wasn’t half as good or half as big as the ones my Mom taught me to make. This is a wonderful summer (or winter) treat and makes a fancy luncheon to impress your friends. (And no, I don’t eat the green stuff in the lobster!)”


Ingredients:


  • 1 tablespoon

    butter, softened

  • 4

    hot dog buns or kaiser rolls, split

  • 4

    lettuce leaves

  • 1 1/2 pounds

    cooked and cubed lobster meat

  • 2 tablespoons

    mayonnaise

  • 1 teaspoon

    fresh lime juice

  • 1 dash

    hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™)

  • 2

    green onions, chopped

  • 1 stalk

    celery, finely chopped

  • salt and pepper to taste

  • 1 pinch

    dried basil, parsley or tarragon

Directions:






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chi Chi Dango Mochi